Friday, April 8, 2016

what would I do... 
in class we saw a few episodes of "what would you do" and in this particular episode there is a pregnant woman sitting in a cafe excited to meet the parents of her child. she was planning on giving her child up for adoption to a good family when a woman decides to make it her business and intervene because she sees the couple wanting to adopt this child is two fathers. 
this episode hit me hard and even made me tear up. there are so many couples in this world that don't have the ability to have children and are even fearful to adopt a child as it is and for someone to intrude the way this woman does isn't okay.. 
my brother and his fiance are one of these couples. my brother is visually impaired and gay so you could imagine the kind of judgement he receives. still he perspires and i think would be an absolutely amazing father. him and his fiance are very successful ,independent men and would be killer parents! i hope one day soon they would adopt a little one despite what everyone thinks!!! 
 my brother
 his fiance

 their engagement ring!! (my brother proposed btw :)

8 comments:

  1. Lastenia, you have such a compassionate heart. I'm proud that you speak up. You are an awesome aunt, and you'd be an asset to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :') that warms my heart ms.james i'm so glad you feel that way. thank you so much for being so open minded and understanding. you are the sweetest!!

      Delete
  2. Lastenia, you have such a compassionate heart. I'm proud that you speak up. You are an awesome aunt, and you'd be an asset to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that ring! Best of luck to your brother and his fiancee, and I hope they get to adopt one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey bailey! thank you so much for the support i hope so too. i really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. I love that ring! Best of luck to your brother and his fiancee, and I hope they get to adopt one day!

    ReplyDelete